HOW CAN YOU HELP PROTECT OUR ENVIRONMENT?
Ten Easy Ways You Can Start Living Green™
1. Choose a Built GreenTM 4-Star and/or ENERGY STAR® (or equivalent) certified home.
2. Reduce, re-use and recycle at home and at work!
3. Telecommute one day a week! It’s easy with Issaquah Highlands high-speed
4. Shop at a Farmer’s Market or subscribe to an organic product home
5. Try an alternative to a car commute: bicycle, ride share, use the handy
Issaquah Highlands Park-n-Ride or work from home.
6. Join an Issaquah Highlands community group dedicated to improving parks,
trails, schools and other community amenities.
7. Use ENERGY STAR certified home appliances and electronics to reduce energy
and water consumption.
8. Grow organic produce in the Issaquah Highlands community garden.
9. Reduce or eliminate the use of harmful household chemicals, cleaners,
pesticides and fertilizers.
10. Tell a friend how rewarding it is to be Living Green!
Living Green Links:
U.S. Green Building Council
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
ENERGY STAR® Homes Northwest
EPA's Product Stewardship Web site
King County EcoConsumer Resources
Forest Stewardship Council
Everything you want to know about green building
National Association of Homebuilders Research Center (NAHB)
Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC)
Environmental Protection Agency
Energy and Environmental Building Association (EEBA)