Skip to main content

Ask the IHCA: April 2020

By April 27, 2020Connections, IHCA
Ask the IHCA

This Month: RV Street Parking, Home Security System Permits

The “Ask the IHCA” monthly column appears in the Issaquah Highlands Community Association (IHCA) section of Connections almost every month. The primary purpose of the IHCA is to preserve, maintain, enhance, and protect the value of property and amenities in the community in accordance with the governing documents. Here are a few of the most popular questions asked recently using the “Ask the IHCA” web form.

There has been a recreational trailer parked in front of my house a few times now for a week. I read through the Issaquah Highlands rules and regulations and saw that recreational vehicle parking is not allowed. This latest time, it seems to be staying since it has its levelers down and wheel chocks in place. I am almost certain I have seen this trailer in another place in the Highlands. Is there any enforcement of this violation? It’s an eyesore and taking up valuable parking space.

Parking on any public roadway is enforced by the City of Issaquah. Illegally parked or abandoned vehicles can be submitted online to the city at their “Report a Concern” tracker.

As a homeowner, am I required by the IHCA to get a permit if I want to use a home security company for my home security monitoring? If yes, where do I find the application? If no, can I just go ahead and hire a company like Ring, ADT, or SimplySafe, to have one installed?

We do not require you to get permission, however the City of Issaquah and Eastside Fire and Rescue may require you to register and obtain a permit. Please go to their website.

The IHCA is happy to receive all of your inquires and are here to help. Submit your question to Ask the IHCA >>

As published in April 2020 Connections >>